Moxie's in Abbotsford

While our trip to Victoria and my restaurant reviews for BC have come to end, I couldn't help but thinking about a recent business trip to Abbotsford that had me staying at the Sandman and therefore Moxie's was close by (in the parking lot) and I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on the great food that I enjoyed there. 

I have to start by saying that I have eaten at Moxie's in other cities in years past and wasn't all that impressed so stopped going there. But when staying at the Sandman in Abbotsford it's in a convenient location so I checked out their menu online and found some interesting changes that enticed me to try it. Well, the food was amazing! The first night we went I was looking at having Artic Char. The waitress recommended that I try the Chicken Oscar which I did. It was really good (but all Chicken Oscar is basically the same in my opinion). My colleague had a Red Thai Chicken Curry which he very much enjoyed. It was a nice light dish but with lots of flavour.

We went back a few nights later and again I was thinking I would try the Artic Char. I asked the waitress for her recommendation and she highly recommended the free range chicken. I was a little skeptical because I can have chicken at home any time but I took her advice. Boy am I ever glad I did! This was amazing! They top the chicken with an amazing goat cheese and sage topping that is just delicious. So tasty. My colleague had the Beef Vindaloo which was on my list for trying as well. He shared and my goodness was it ever good. The flavours were amazing.

So we went again for the third time (we were there a couple weeks) with me really planning to have Artic Char this time. The waitress recommended the Barramundi instead and they hadn't steered me wrong yet. It had some really great coconut curry flavours on rice so it was good and I enjoyed it. I probably wouldn't order it again just because I've already had it but it was enjoyable. Both friends had the free range chicken on my recommendation and both loved it. All three nights we enjoyed excellent service. Also had the bite size white chocolate brownie one night - a favorite from the past! Will be back again during our trip here no doubt.
 
Click to add a blog post for Moxie's Grill & Bar on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...