Victoria Trip - Little Jumbo Restaurant and Bar

 

This place caught my eye because of the different and eclectic menu. There were a couple of items on the menu that I just had to try so at the end of our "patio crawl" in the inner harbor we headed to Little Jumbo - luckily knowing to look for the neon elephant otherwise we wouldn't have found it. We arrived and were immediately impressed. The vibe and ambiance of this place is great. It's a rather small location and they don't take reservations but we were offered seats at the bar and were quickly given a table. The service was excellent throughout the night.



They offered one dish that we have only ever seen on a few menus - Bone Marrow - and one that is slightly more available but still difficult to find - Foie Gras. At first the waiter said that they were out of Bone Marrow but quickly said that he would see what the Chef could do when he saw how disappointed I was because I really wanted to try it. They found me the last serving. What can I say? I would probably really like it served as an accompaniment to a steak but alone with grilled bread it wasn't my favorite. Not the fault of the restaurant. Our server did, however, turn it into one of the best experiences ever. He asked if I would like to have a shot of sherry that I would drink from the bone. I said of course! I held the bone and he poured the sherry down it. It was amazing! And my husband got a great pic of it.



 

The Foie Gras was very good as well - not the best that I've ever had but good - and like I say, the ambiance of this place can't be beat. The wine was very pricey but we had a really good bottle of wine. We had a great evening and this was an excellent experience to end our night!
 


 
Click to add a blog post for Little Jumbo on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...