A Culinary Extravaganza - XIX (Nineteen)


So before I say how much I love this place I have to start with a bit of a disclaimer - my son Nikko has worked for Chef Andrew Fung at XIX.  Chef Fung is an excellent Chef, a great teacher, a wonderful neighbor and a lovely man.  And his food is the bomb!

Some of my favorite bites have been at XIX.  It's a beautiful restaurant with a lovely ambiance and I love being able to see through the window into the kitchen.  But, my favorite part is their lovely patio in the summer.  They have a lovely fire feature and heaters throughout the patio when needed.  Last summer my friends and I often found ourselves walking down to enjoy a bottle of wine (or two!) and several appies on the patio.

Chef Fung changes his menu regularly which is great.  He, of course, keeps some of his regular favorites available including the Ahi Tuna Twist which is absolutely amazing!  The Gorgonzola PEI Mussels are also delicious.  Previous lamb and seabass dishes have also been excellent.  Missing for some time now off the menu though has been the Foie Gras.  It was delicious!  I asked a server once about whether Chef Fung would bring it back.  She said it was a heavy dish for summer (not for me!) I'll have to ask him about it the next time I see him.

They have a new menu online with a number of dishes that appeal to me including the Pacific Oysters with Bone Marrow, Escargot Vol-au-Vent, Fresh Ricotta Gnocchi in a Gorgonzola Sauce, the Irving Farm Bacon Carbonara (with a 63 degree egg!) and of course those Ahi Tuna Twists.  We will be returning soon to try some of these out!   

XIX Nineteen on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. That comment was so rude! Very unbecoming of a Chef in Edmonton. Shame on you Lindsay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to hear her feedback even tho is rude

      Delete
  3. Chef Fung - It had nothing to do with XIX - no worries. Her comment was in relation to another one of my posts, not about XIX.

    ReplyDelete

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...