Joey - South Edmonton Common

My husband and I visited on Friday night for appies and drinks on the patio. We've visited a few times before and all visits have been excellent. They have a very nice patio that is secluded from the South Edmonton parking lot. There is a nice ambiance and great vibe. Friday night was excellent for people watching as there were a number of interesting groups there with some very nice cars parked outside including two Ferrari's, a Lamborghini, a Bentley and a beautiful vintage car.
 
Now onto the food. We shared some plates of excellent appetizers. First off, I had recently been told that I absolutely had to try their side of fully loaded crispy mashed potatoes. They weren't listed separately on the menu (although they are listed as a side on their online menu) but they do come with the steaks on the menu. I ordered them as a side and got two for $5.00 which I thought was an excellent price. They are mashed potatoes wrapped in an egg roll wrapper topped with bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives - excellent! My husband enjoyed the lettuce wraps with shrimp that I believe are the best in town. We then each had two sushi cones which are just delicious stuffed with tempura shrimp. That and a bottle of their house red wine which is tasty made for a great first Friday night patio evening!
 
Click to add a blog post for Joey on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...