Palm Springs Trip - Wilma and Frieda's Cafe in Palm Desert

 


 



With all the research that I did before our trip this place did not even end up on my short list but was on my radar. This morning when looking for a place to go for breakfast, while still on our hunt for the best Eggs Benedict ever, some further research revealed this place so we went. And boy are we glad we did! It is easily the best Eggs Benny on this trip and at least in the top three in the world that we have tried!




I had the original Benny's Bennie with the Duroc Pork. That pork is amazing!! As is the hollandaise sauce that absolutely is the key ingredient of an Eggs Benny. Well, that and the Chef knowing how to cook an egg right. It seems simple but I often am disappointed as it is cooked wrong. I like my eggs soft and runny - and by that I mean the yolks. The egg whites have to be cooked otherwise it is a health risk. This seems to be a difficult thing for some chefs/restaurants to deliver but not here! The eggs were cooked perfectly!! And I can't remember the last time in more than a decade that my husband hasn't received my English muffins - but I wasn't giving up the homemade ones here. They were delicious! My husband had the Short Ribs Eggs Benedict and seemed to love them even more than mine!



This is a must to visit that you have to add to your list - particularly if you love Eggs Benedict, however, their entire menu looks delicious. The location is great. The view is amazing. And their patio meets all of our expectations. And the service was great as well!!

Wilma & Frieda's Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...