A Culinary Extravaganza Returns? Second Visit to Ernest's

After over a week of being sick, has the Culinary Extravaganza returned?  Well, we've hit some pretty good spots in the last few days.

It started with a second trip to Ernest's and the Table d'Hote menu offered by Chefs Stephen Hlushak (of Corso 32) & Franz Navarra.  It was delicious - as usual!

Started with an Amuse Bouche as usual:

1st Course -

Egg Yolk Raviolo 
house made ricotta filling |  fried sage | brown butter sauce


This was OUT OF THIS WORLD!  I've been waiting to try a similar dish at Bar Bricca.  Great job Chef Stephen!  One of the best bites I've ever had.

Oh, and even though I had the four course Table d'Hote menu I had to make it five courses and have that delicious Foie Gras - that wasn't on the menu tonight but they found some for me! 

2nd Course

Cornish Game Hen
 apple | celery heart | celeriac | parsley salad chicken reduction glaze



Tender, juicy with crisp skin and a great reduction glaze.  Delicious!

3rd Course

 14 day Dry Aged Striploin
charred green onions | sauteed crimini mushrooms | salsa verde sauce


This was not great. The striploin was way overdone for medium rare which never works for me.  I prefer my steaks rare but order them medium rare out of respect for the Chef. When they do it over medium rare I'm done.  But would have been a great dish if cooked properly.  And Chef Stephen did come out and speak with us and acknowledge his mistake.  I love these up and coming Chefs so it didn't detract from our great dinner!

4th Course

Orange Sponge Cake mascarpone gelto  | sorbet  | campari berries


I honestly could find nothing that resembled Orange Sponge Cake.  I thought maybe they ran out of desert and replaced it with what we got and just didn't tell us.  The mascarpone gelto was delicious though! Great service from Diego - Mucho Gracias Mi Amigo!


Oh yeah, and the wine!

Ernest's is still serving lunch in May so we will return for one more visit before their hiatus until September when school resumes.  This is a great spot that you don't want to miss!
 
Ernest's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...