A Culinary Extravaganza Returns? Corso 32 - The Coveted Reservation!!

Afccbzv0g08vnv-180      Vuvqupujjbrlcu-180     Ulqtirp1et6yqa-180

Tonight we were lucky to get a very coveted reservation at Corso 32 only a few days in advance.  Albeit the reservation was at 5:00 pm but still - we didn't have to wait the two to three months that is the wait time currently to get into this great restaurant.  And it worked out great for us cuz we hadn't eaten all day so we were hungry by 5:00 pm!

First, let me comment on the many reviews that suggest (ie complain) that this is a small restaurant and the closeness of the tables leads to a lack of intimacy (or more intimacy then you may want with your close neighbours!)  We found the restaurant to be beautiful with great ambiance.  It is in a small space - yes.  But to suggest tables are only six inches apart is just not true - they are at least 12 inches apart!  Now, granted, we grew up eating at the great Italian restaurant in Victoria - Pagliacci's - and there you're lucky to have an inch between you and your neighbor.  We love it!  The food at both places is just spectacular so I don't mind squeezing in.  But Corso 32 was spacious in comparison and honestly, we could not hear the couple's conversation next to us (now the table of four behind us is a different story - but they were having a great time which I really enjoy!) 

And before we get onto the food I'll also comment on the service.  It was excellent!  There were three servers working tonight and they were all excellent.  So unobtrusive and yet there as soon as our plates needed to be cleared or our waters needed to be refilled.  They really are professionals!

Okay onto the food.  What can I say? Absolutely sublime.  Excellent.  Everything we had was a masterpiece in our mouths.  I loved it.

To start we had the housemade Goat Cheese Ricotta.  Delectable.  Creamy.  Delicious.  Outstanding.  (Have I left any adjectives for the other dishes?!)


 
Next we devoured the Arancini.  This is a half order!  

 
The Arancini are creamy, filled with the earthy mushrooms tones - and then you hit the fontina in the center.  My husband's favorite dish! 
 
This is my husband's plate showing the Crostini with Goat Cheese Ricotta and the Arancini showing the mushroom and fontina centre.  (My crostinis were a lot more loaded with the Goat Cheese Ricotta!)


Next was the Egg Yolk Gnudo.  I love ANYTHING that oozes with a running egg.  I definitely have to get to Bar Bricca soon to try the Egg Yolk Raviolo.


 

And because my husband has the camera he takes another pic of his plate with all three antipasti:

 
Now onto my favorite dish (although it was a close call with several of them) - The Black Truffle Fonduta Ravioli:

 
 
This was easily the best pasta dish I've ever had.  I will continue to return for this dish - a lot!  I normally like my pastas drowning in sauce but boy when you have fresh made pasta, stuffed delectably with a delicious filling and then topped with the greatest sauce ever - you don't need it drowning in sauce.  And I must say this was perfectly seasoned - the pepper was definitely present which I really enjoyed.  The shaved asparagus was perfectly crisp and delicious.  A perfect dish!
 

My husband ordered the day's pasta special (he's such a great sport) and he absolutely loved it.  It was tortellini stuffed with sausage and mortadella in a sage and butter sauce.


 
And because everything was so good, we couldn't turn down trying the deserts (even though we normally never order desert).  From my online research I knew we had to try the Vanilla Panna Cotta and the Chocolate Torte.


 
This was another first - we had never had Panna Cotta before (and my husband is Italian!)



Corso 32 comes by it's excellent reputation honestly.  This is great food in the city of Edmonton!
 
Corso 32 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...