Glenora Bistro

So after reading all the great reviews of this place, particularly about their excellent Eggs Benedict, we made an immediate plan to visit. We are huge Eggs Benny fans and are always on the hunt to find the best in whatever city we are in. We have lived in Edmonton for five years and have never been here, nor was it on our radar, until we read their reviews.

Both my husband and I ordered the Alaska Eggs Benedict (with crab and asparagus). A woman at another table had Eggs Benny as well and I said to my husband that the hollandaise sauce didn't look great but we went there to try it so we ordered it anyways.

It was hands down the worst Eggs Benny we've ever had. My eggs weren't cooked and the hollandaise sauce with thin, bland, and tasteless. It was terrible.  They looked nothing like these which clearly show perfectly set eggs (I can tell).

 Ixknzlziiwsrmh-180

I never complain though so I didn't say anything. Way too late in our meal the waitress finally returned to ask if everything was good. We didn't reply. She asked again and neither my husband or I said anything. The raw egg was clearly apparent on my plate. She kept pushing and finally I told her that my egg wasn't cooked. She went on to argue with me and "assure" me the egg was cooked and that it was just water in the egg because it was poached! I couldn't believe it. I told her that I wasn't going to argue with her and that I wasn't asking for my meal to be replaced. But I shook my plate and showed her that the remaining untouched egg was loose and wobbly - clearly a sign of an undercooked egg. I like my eggs runny but I don't want the whites undercooked to the point of salmonella. She again argued with me that the eggs were cooked. I have never had that happen before.

Later, a couple of ladies at another table asked whether they were growing coffee beans in the kitchen. She said "we don't grow coffee beans". The women continued to try and approach the fact that they ordered coffee and she hadn't brought it to them in a humorous way and she replied that she didn't know what they were talking about. They stated that they had ordered coffee some time ago and she hadn't brought it and she argued with them as well! They continued to attempt to convince her that they ordered coffee and said that she even asked them if they took their coffee with cream and sugar and she argued with them saying "I have no recollection of that". Just quick arguing with the customers and go and get the coffee already!

All of that to say, we drove across town and were very excited to try the best Eggs Benny we've ever had. We were hugely disappointed. Maybe we just hit a bad day with a poor server.  Sadly, though we won't be returning given the distance to drive and our experience.

Glenora Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...