A Culinary Extravaganza - Bucas and Pastas

Our neighbor raved about this place and I had heard other good reviews so we thought we'd pick up some take out for dinner tonight. It was just okay.

It's basically just a fast food pasta place with already prepared pastas and sauces.  There were a few pastas to choose from (plain noodles, whole wheat, tortellini and pasticcio) and several sauces (four cheese, alfredo, mushroom cream sacue, tomato sauce, Italian sausage and then a couple of pestos that were more like spreads - basil pesto and sundried pesto). 

The pasta was pretty bland and nothing outstanding, although I had the four cheese sauce. My son had the mushroom cream sauce mixed with sundried pesto and my husband had the italian sausage sauce and they had more flavour. I don't think we'll be back though cuz there was nothing exceptional.

As for the service - and I know this is going to sound odd - but it was a little stressful!  There were two young eager servers behind the counter that clearly wanted to please.  As soon as we walked in the door they asked us what we wanted.  We told them we would need some time, as it was our first time there, and we needed to look at their menu board.  We were having a little bit of a hard time deciding as things weren't exactly as I understood them from their online menu so we had to try and figure out what our son would want us to bring home.  As soon as they started taking our order we had both servers asking us different questions at the same time and it was a rushed and chaotic process.  But I think they got us four pastas with different sauces and buns in about 12 1/2 seconds!  Deep breaths were necessary by the time I got back out to the safety of my car.

Definitely not part of the Culinary Extravaganza!

Bucas & Pastas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...