A Culinary Extravaganza - Piccolino Bistro

This is a regular for our Italian family so it was a return visit.  Our family has very high standards in terms of both the food and the restaurant. Ambiance is almost as important to me as really great food. So, had someone not taken me there when I first arrived in the city I probably wouldn't have tried it - and I would have missed out big time! The restaurant is in a strip mall so from the outside you would never expect what is inside. The ambiance inside is better but really depends on where you're seated and which way you are facing. It's a very small restaurant and facing out to the road or the IGA sign aren't great but there are some nice seats. Either way, when you experience the food and the service nothing else matters anymore! The food is soooooo great! And the individualized service is amazing. Lino and the group personally welcome you and treat you like you are family. The food comes out piping hot and my husband always comments on the fact that you can still see it steaming as you are completing the meal. And the taste is just absolutely amazing. We've been here several times and I've ordered the same thing most times because it's just so good (the Pollo Nettuno -  breaded chicken with baby shrimp and crab meat topped with cream sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese). We have, however, enjoyed many other dishes including the calamari, the artic char special and my husband loves the Gnocchi.

Because the restaurant is small and it is so popular you will need to make reservations (definitely later in the week and on weekends) and you will often be advised that you have to vacate the table at a certain time. There are lots of nights that I want to savour my dinner and wine over several hours. On those nights I don't come here cuz I just know it isn't a possiblity. When we want really great food, in a homey atmosphere with great service then this is where we come. Oh yeah, and the prices are incredibly reasonable!

Piccolino Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...