A Culinary Extravaganza - Sugarbowl



 
Everything about this place is perfect! Even the wait to get a table - it just wouldn't be the same without it. This place has a very hip, young vibe. The small and cozy interior just adds to its ambiance. We actually got to share a large table of six with another couple who were already eating and I thought that was fun, fun, fun. And they had their outdoor patio set up with heaters on and there were a few tables that decided to eat outside - loved it! The wait went quick though and we were inside in no time.

As we are always on the hunt for the best Eggs Benedict wherever we go we were anxious to try the SugarBowl Benny. OH MY GOD!! Easily one of the best we've ever had and we've had some good ones! The Eggs were perfectly cooked - soft, but not watery and undercooked (which many places have a hard time delivering). The real surprise was how much I LOVED the corn bread they were served on. And I also thought I would miss the hollandaise sauce but the Béchamel sauce they served it with was so incredibly tasty. The combination of the corn bread, back bacon, perfectly oozing soft eggs and the Béchamel sauce cannot be beat. It was soooooo good! My mouth is still watering for it and we will be back soon. I really want to try the Chicken and Waffles and the Mac and Cheese so we may have to go back after breakfast and brunch is done otherwise I know I'll be craving that SugarBowl Benny.

 

The staff there are great. They were attentive and engaged and seemed to really enjoy working there. The service was quick and efficient. As others have said, they have a great beer menu - including a strawberry beer from Belgium that we recently discovered that we love. This is a must not miss place to visit. This is where I would bring all out of town guests, however, I would be concerned about the ability to get a table with larger groups. Overall, absolutely EXCELLENT experience.

Sugarbowl on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...