A Culinary Extravaganza - Browns Socialhouse

After being away in Mexico for over two months, it was nice to see a couple new restaurants open in my neighbourhood including Browns Socialhouse. We decided to try it for brunch and we were not disappointed!
When we first entered the restaurant we were impressed with the décor and ambiance and particularly liked the outdoor patio. It was not open but looks like a spot we may spend some time this summer!
As we are always on the hunt for the best Eggs Benedict wherever we go, we already knew what we were going to order.

Brown's offers a Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Eggs Benny that sounded delicious. We ordered and our dishes arrived very promptly. The dishes were even better than they sounded on the menu. The goat cheese is just an amazing addition to Eggs Benny that I have never had before - and I know I will never make them at home without it again! It was outstandingly delicious. The combination of the prosciutto and the goat cheese worked perfectly and the homemade hollandaise made fresh daily was literally the best hollandaise I've ever tasted. And the most important thing - the eggs were cooked perfectly. The yolks were perfectly runny while the whites were set. The flavor combination was just the best - I literally could order another whole plate! And I cannot forget the side potatoes. For a perfect Eggs Benedict it also needs to be accompanied by the best potato side and Brown's did their's right. Crispy home fries topped with long pieces of green onion - delicious! We will definitely be returning for brunch again soon.
The excellent food was also joined with excellent service. Our server was attentive and kept my husband's coffee topped us as needed. The Manager came over to check on our food which is always a welcomed touch. And the Bartended changed the TV to the Masters without us having to ask!
The food prices were very reasonable - exceptionally so actually. We had two Eggs Benedict and one coffee and then we order the Dragon Bowl and the Dynamite Rolls to go to take home for our son. With tip our bill came to $63.00 - much less than we paid last weekend for just two Eggs Benny and a coffee at the New York Bagel Café - without the two extra to go dishes.
I'm also very impressed with their wine prices. They have bottles of the Social house red and white wines for only $20 - that is clearly the cheapest I've seen a bottle of wine anywhere in the city. And while I didn't have one today, Mimosas are only $5 during brunch. I can see me enjoying a view bottles of wine on the patio this season! 

Unfortunately, my paid photographer forgot his camera so no pics!  We'll be going again soon though so I'll add them then.

Browns Socialhouse on Urbanspoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...