The Keg - South Edmonton Common

 
 

Had a gift card that was given to us from a friend (a great friend!) so went to our old stand by - The Keg.  We have visited Kegs in many different locations in many different cities and they are always so consistent with excellent food. They recently changed up their menu which was a nice change. This particular location is always busy but the large lounge makes it no issue. We grabbed a bar chair, ordered a bottle of wine and got caught up with friends while we waited for a table in the dining room.

Rib Steak (Excellent!)

Another thing I love about The Keg is there are so many great choices that are Atkins friendly so lots of choices without being tempted to cheat (when I'm dieting - which clearly I am not right now!)  My husband and I shared the Baked Garlic Shrimp and the Scallops and Bacon. Others enjoyed the Mushrooms Neptune and the Brie.  I loved the King Crab Legs and my husband loved his Rib Eye Steak.  Friends shared the new Pistachio Crusted Salmon which was very good. It was served with Bacon sautéed Brussel Sprouts. I hated Brussel Sprouts as a kid but just had to try these. All of our dishes were excellent and we enjoyed our evening out very much. They also have a nice wine list with some very reasonable options. Service was great.



The Keg Steakhouse + Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...