Opa Windemere

I have historically not liked this location much so haven't eaten here for a couple of years but thought I would give it another chance for a quick and easy Friday night take out meal.

I ordered the Calamari and a Gyro Wrap.  While tonight's food was better overall than I had experienced in the past, the tzatziki sauce is terrible and this, to me, is really a critical component of all great Greek dishes.  This was not a cool, creamy, yogurt and cucumber dip but rather more like a ranch dip.  The Gyro meat was flavourful and not at all dry.  The Calamari was crisp on the outside and not at all tough and rubbery on the inside.  But without a great tzatziki none of that matters.  I stopped eating after a couple of bites.  Please change your tzatziki to a traditional recipe and I will give you another try.  Until then, I won't return.

Opa! on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...