L2 Grill

I had read a lot of positive reviews on this restaurant so this was on my "go to list" so when friends visited unexpectedly from out of town and they specifically requested that we not go to a chain restaurant this is where we went. As you know, I am a self-declared "foodie" and will pay good money for good food.  This place just missed the mark for me.  The food was decent but it was very pricey and nothing that I would have to go back for. 

Don't get me wrong the food was good. I had never had Chilean Sea Bass before (I know!) so that was on my list to try too so when our server said it was excellent I knew I had to have it.  My husband ordered two appetizers (maybe because I wanted to try them??!!) the lamb lollipops and the pork belly.  Our friends ordered a steak and the rack of lamb.  We were all happy with our meals.  My Chilean Sea Bass was excellent.  But not good enough for the prices to return.  The cheapest bottle of wine was $50.  It was crazy!  Our waiter sensed my unhappiness, however, and offered me some "sale price" wines for $40.  Good service.

It is a nice place with decent service and good food but not for the prices (but after all it is in a hotel within West Edmonton Mall - what did I expect?)

L2 Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...