Canada Day Decadence at Hart's Table and Bar!

 
What could be better than it being Noon on a lovely Canada Day afternoon and your husband saying "Let's go find some Eggs Benny on a Patio"?  Perfect I thought!  And while we hummed and hawed for a few minutes about trying a new spot, Philly said "Why don't we go for Lobster Eggs Benny at Hart's".  When he added "Then you can have those Creamsicle Mojito's that you love so much" he had me sold!   So off we went in search of a patio.  It wasn't a super great day but it was warm and there was a little bit of sun out so we found a spot to enjoy.


And then I ordered the coveted Creamsicle Beer Mojito!



While our neighbor ordered the Chicken and Waffles but I had to get a pic! 

 
And then this absolutely divine looking dish walked by us that I had never seen before:

 
I asked our waitress what it was and she said that it was a new and very popular dish called "Drunken Bread".  I was in!  So we ordered one.

 
This is absolutely delicious!  It is bread soaked in white wine covered in a great medley of seasonings and topped with provolone and asiago cheese.  It was a dream!  I loved it!  But I left some to take home for a snack later as we did come for the Lobster Benny after all.  I will return again and again for this bread though.










  Philly has clearly redeemed himself from the previous pictures at Sandwich and Sons.  Look at these pics of the food - amazing!


 
And then my Creamsicle Beer Mojito was done . . . so I ordered another one! 
 

 
And it was a perfect afternoon.  The drinks were great and the food was amazing.  The Eggs Benedict were perfect and they have made some nice changes.  They are now served on a wooden board which really works.  They have added onions and peppers to the side potatoes which is great.  They serve beautiful fresh fruit in a glass jar on the plate.  And that hollandaise is soooo good.  I don't remember it being that good but it is pretty much a perfect hollandaise.  It was really delicious.  The eggs were cooked perfectly and the arugula that I previously found to be too overpowering was just right.  It was delicious.  And the service was very good too.  The manager is very attentive and is clearly trying to improve this part of the business and it really shows. 



 
Click to add a blog post for Hart's Table & Bar on Zomato


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...