And For Something Totally Different . . .

Rather than posting about restaurant food, this post is about MY OWN food.  This weekend I made a new for me version of Eggs Benedict.  First of all, take a look at this great picture! 


Don't these look awesome?  They tasted awesome too. These were made with McCain's potato patties as a base, topped with crispy pancetta, perfectly poached soft eggs (if I may say so myself), topped with my very first homemade hollandaise sauce and topped with cilantro (my favorite herb).  Despite the fact that the hollandaise sauce was not the best, the breakfast was overall delicious. I loved the potato patties as a base instead of English muffins.  The pancetta instead of ham was a nice variation and cilantro instead of my usual green onions on top added a really nice flavor (albeit my chopping skills leave a lot to be desired - check out those big chunks!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...