Rockin Robyn's Diner

 

This was a GREAT FIND!  We went here on my birthday as a bit of a fluke.  I had read about it through my research and restaurant reviews but had never tried it.  It is near my work so I thought I would try it sometime for lunch as opposed to on the weekend but we had to go to the West Edmonton Mall to the Microsoft Store to get help with downloading pictures on my new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (still excited!) and when we left I was a little hungry so thought we'd stop in for a quick bite.  I'm so glad we did!  This place is great!  It is super cool with a great 60's diner decor and lots of great memorabilia.  I ate here years ago when it was a Mexican Restaurant and boy did they ever do a great job with the changes.  It doesn't even look like the same place!



 

 
  
 
And the food was really great too - and cheap!  I really thought we'd go for Eggs Benedict but I wanted to try a few things on the menu so Phil had the Bennies and I had the Rockin' Mac n' Cheese with a side of homemade mushroom soup. 

The Bennie was a bit disappointing because of the hollandaise sauce.  It is white, thin, runny and tasteless.  Not a hollandaise sauce as far as I'm concerned.  But the back bacon they use is tasty.  I also really wanted to try their smashed potatoes as a side but Phil wasn't asked for his choice so he got the pan fried ones.  They were okay.  For $9.50 though it is the cheapest Eggs Benny we've had in the city.

Now my meal on the other hand was absolutely excellent!  I had the Rockin' Mac n' Cheese and boy was it good! It is their shell noodle mac n' cheese with bacon, onions and spinach and covered in a creamy cheese sauce.  It was delicious!  It was so creamy and loaded with sauce (which you know I love!) and just tasted great.  Phil couldn't stop helping himself!


The homemade mushroom soup was delicious too and full of earthy mushroom taste.


This is a fun place to go with good food, good service and a nice little diner feel with excellent prices.  I highly recommend it.



















They also have fresh made pies which we took home for my birthday.  The Smores pie is one of their best sellers.
  And I had the Oreo Cheesecake:

Overall this place was excellent and we will be returning!

Click to add a blog post for Rockin' Robyn's Diner on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...