I've Hit The Motherload!


 
Who knew?  But it's Lobster Festival in Montreal!!  During my walk around Old Montreal today I discovered many restaurants that have lobster specials going on for the festival so I knew immediately that I was deferring from my quest for Foie Gras and going for lobster.  And I found a restaurant that was offering your choice of either Lobster Thermidor or Lobster Newburg as their specials.  I have occasionally been able to find Lobster Thermidor in Mazatlán but I haven't had Lobster Newburg since I was a kid.  I remember fondly a trip my now deceased aunt and I took up north on Vancouver Island and we stopped at a seaside eatery for lunch.  I was probably only eight but I ordered Lobster Thermidor and I haven't had it since.  So I knew where I was heading for dinner!

So here I sit on a beautiful terasse with a beautiful view on a lovely evening with a live entertainer singing Neil Diamond in the background.  Does it get any better than that?  Oh yeah - my lobster bisque just arrived! 

Here's a pic of my view:
 And of my bisque:




And just when I thought life couldn't get any better my Lobster Newburg arrived and it was just divine.  Cream, butter, sherry, lobster - I seriously have gone to gastronomic heaven!

And for dessert - profiteroles and tea.

The name of the restaurant you ask - Senateur.

   Senateur Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

  1. Did you get to sing Sweet Caroline with the singer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that would be heaven for me - and hell for everyone else!!

    ReplyDelete

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...