The Keg - LobsterFest!

Every year we make sure that we hit The Keg for their annual LobsterFest, usually more than once.  This year was no exception.

This year's menu added a few new items which we were more than happy to try out.  First we tried the Szechuan Lobster.  It was spicy and definitely had a kick.  Our waiter, who was great by the way, told us to be careful with the peppers as they were super spicy.  My husband tried them anyways - and our waiter was right!  You will notice from the dish though, there is more shrimp than lobster - this is a theme with this year's menu.  More on that later.



Next up were the Lobster Tacos.  The lobster was good.


This year they also added a Lobster Roll to the menu.  I don't often see Lobster Rolls on the menu so when I do I am always compelled to try it but so far I haven't been impressed.  Do you see all the shrimp in the picture above - and below?


I must have missed getting a picture of the Lobster Gratinee.  I get it every year and it is always delicious.  This year the amount of lobster was sorely lacking.  The price of lobster must be up this year, causing The Keg to scrimp on amounts and to augment the dish by filling it with shrimp.


Our service and our evening was excellent as usual.  Our waiter was superb and even brought me a piece of Billy Miner Pie for my birthday.  

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bamboo Hut - Sylvan Lake

Went for dinner with my son, his girlfriend (yes, his girlfriend even they deny it!) and his Mom 2.0 (seriously there's another mom as g...